Welcome to Fulham Park Preschool Kindergarten
Connecting with Children and Families in Lockleys and Surrounding Suburbs
Find us... see us... you will love us!
Fulham Park Preschool Kindergarten is located in a tranquil residential area off the main roads in the suburb of Lockleys.
Since 1961 Fulham Park Preschool Kindergarten has been serving families living in Fulham, Fulham Gardens, Kidman Park and Lockleys. We are not a zoned preschool.
All our preschoolers go on to attend the following schools; St Francis School, Lockleys North Primary School, Lockleys Primary School, Kidman Park Primary School, Fulham North Primary School, Fulham Gardens Primary School, Henley Beach Primary School and Star of the Sea.
At Fulham Park Preschool Kindergarten we are committed to providing a quality inclusive educational program for all children.
Our current philosophy statement highlights the following:
- The child’s voice
- A holistic approach to children’s learning and development
- Children learn best through play
- Each child is unique and competent
- Children are active and interactive learners
- Children need real-life, first hand experiences
- Children thrive in child focused environments
- Children develop and practice skills that they will use in their lives
- Children need time to experiment and develop independent thinking
- Learning comes from social interactions
- Collaboration with families and children
- Reflective practices
The learning environment at Fulham Park Preschool Kindergarten supports children to:
- develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency
- learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
- develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
- become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
- develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence and imagination
- develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry, experimentation, researching and investigating
- transfer and adapt what they learn from one context to another
- resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
Fulham Park Preschool Kindergarten has embarked on an edible garden project that engages children with hands on sensory learning experiences and teaching them some very important lessons about taking care of our planet, sustainability, nutrition, growing and cooking, collaboration and team work.
Directions for driving: Enter onto Fulham Park Drive from Henley Beach Road and turn right onto Castlebar Road or enter from Rowells Road Lockleys.
Directions for walking: cross the bridge between Riverway and Frontage Road near Fairmont Ave and Fulham Park Drive
Staffing at Fulham Park Preschool Kindergarten consists of a full time Director, two permanent part time teachers, one permanent part time Early Childhood Worker and two part time contract Early Childhood Workers.
From the beginning of 2013, children in South Australia will begin preschool at the start of the school year. The cut off birth date for preschool intake is May 1st. All children born after May 1st attend preschool the following year.
Waiting/ Lists Enrolments
Preliminary enrolments are accepted and encouraged for children from the age of 2.5 years. If details change please notify the preschool so our records can be kept current.